Friday, August 14, 2009

My money making experiment.

This blog is about my health and wealth journeys and so far I have written mostly about my health. Today I am starting out on an experiment to try to earn some money on the Internet. I invite you to tag along and see how it works out. Except for the weekends and holidays I will give you a daily update here. For some time I have been interested in working from my computer to make some money. Lately I have become earnest and have begun researching the best way to do it. Affiliate marketing seems to be the best way for me since I do not have a product to sell or a warehouse to hold a product.

The basics of affiliate marketing are that you sell other peoples products and they pay you a commission. It is a simple model for making money and it has been around a lot longer than the Internet, but I was wondering how I could apply this to the Internet. You have to be able to reach a lot of people and unless you have an extremely popular website how are you going to do that. I ruled out spamming right off the bat, I hate it! I could spend my money advertising, but if I didn't know how to write the correct advertisements I would go down the crapper in a hurry while making google rich. By the way, do not run after any quick money schemes or easy Internet marketing schemes. I did and I shouldn't have. I wasted my money.

I also needed to focus on a specific product. Trying to sell everything would either waste my time or my money or both.

Today I am ready to take the plunge. After much research I am going to join Wealthy Affiliates University. I have looked every where on the web and this seems to be the best site to learn Internet marketing. I am only going to join for one month because I am still skeptical. I will post here how things go.

Until next time, CW

No comments:

Post a Comment